Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Aaja Corinne's Personal Style: Look #1

Because I like bright colors and funky patterns, my secret to getting dressed is to always have a coordinating feature for each element of my outfit. Without coordinating components, it's would be very easy for my outfits to look chaotic because there is too many focal points. In Look #1 (above), I emphasized the metallic silver element in my shoes, jeans, and top. I also added silver jewelry for accents. Because my outfit was fairly monochromatic, I added the yellow jacket to give it flavor. My jeans were the dominant focal point of my outfit and everything else worked around them.

I definitely pride myself on always finding a good bargain, one of the things that I wanted to share with you throughout this blog. It's not about the price, but how you put a look together.

Look #1:
Jacket - $9.99 (Forever 21)
Metallic Sleeveless Top - $5 (H&M)
Camisole - $3.80 (Forever 21)
Jeans - $35 (Rocawear; Burlington Coat Factory)
Sneakers - $35 (Coach)

Total Cost - approx. $90

No comments:

Post a Comment