Monday, November 23, 2009

Tavi Gevinson


http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com

Have you guys heard of Tavi Gevinson? She's a 13-year-old fashion blogger who has recently caught the eye of many in the fashion industry. She began her fashion blog 'Style Rookie' at age 11, recording her fascination with high fashion. Now, she is the face of Rodarte for Target, appears on the cover of 'Pop' magazine, and even scored a seat at New York Fashion Week. She's the fashion industry's next big thing! Can you imagine getting fashion advice from a 13-year-old?...More power to her.

I think the whole blogging concept is pretty cool. When I started, I didn't know that it would be this much fun! As for me, I'm not really into high fashion; I'm more of a street style kind of girl. A $3,000 dress in all of its beauty just does not appeal to me! I wonder if I'll still be bargain hunting when I'm rich and famous...probably will; I find secret pleasure in finding good deals. But moreso than that, as I expressed in an earlier entry, I dislike carbon copy fashions. Street style allows you to take on the role of trendsetter to develop your unique image, as opposed to hopelessly following trends; the difference between a 'Fashion Maven' and a 'Fashionista.'

This blog is going to be my online portfolio for fashion. I'm constantly changing my mind about my desired career path. Soon to have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Retail/Management, but what to do??? I like styling, writing, modeling, stage and performance coaching, dancing, singing...Help me out people! The phone lines are open...*waiting to be discovered*

No comments:

Post a Comment