Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back to the Basics

With this new haircut, I decided that I need a pair of oversized sunglasses, an expensive bag, and a poodle! Paris Hilton all day long...though I decided that I can maintain the image and look just as important for a lot less money. It's possible by investing in foundation pieces and being a smart spender when it comes to everything else.

Key pieces that should be the foundation of every woman's wardrobe:
  • Little 'fill in the blank' dress (Black is chic, but color is fun!)
  • Black blazer (The tailored look is uncomparable.)
  • White button-down (A definite necessity. It can be used to create many different looks.)
  • Black trousers (The business woman's basic.)
  • Knee-length black skirt (For the business woman that's feeling feminine!)
  • Beige trench coat (Definitely an investment piece because you will get lots of wear out of it. There are so many styles to choose from!)
  • Black pumps (They don't have to be basic. My favorite pair are platform stilettos!)
  • Pearls (Classy. Classy. Classy.)
  • Cardigan (Versatility at its finest and a layering extraodinaire.)
  • Dark denim jeans (The dressiest denim.)
  • Handbag (Something big and metallic best suits me. What's your bag style?)

So, by investing in these key pieces and pairing them with less expensive items, we are being style savvy and money smart! Just be careful to purchase less expensive items that aren't cheap looking. If you are into branding, invest in that designer handbag, and it will carry your look. Who's really going to search every label that you are wearing? If they care that much, you're already too cool for them in my opinion...I'm going to be smart about it, so I can have Paris' look...and her money! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment