Monday, December 7, 2009

The Catastrophic Closet

I was browsing through the blogs of different personal shoppers and wardrobe consultants and was inspired to discuss proper closet organization!

Closet Tips:
1) Use all the same hangers.
It makes your closet look a lot neater!
2) Coordinate by style.
In my closet, I separate jeans, skirts, dresses, vests, outerwear, etc. It helps me to know where everything is at offhand and therefore, I am able to put looks together quickly and easily. Also, it is very necessary for inventory purposes. Grouping similar styles allows you to clearly see what your wardrobe lacks or has in excess.
3)Rid your wardrobe of garments that don't fit and also styles that you haven't worn in ages.
I have a bad habit of keeping garments around because I think that I'll wear them one day, even though I've consistently looked over them for the past year. Just get rid of them. Trends are constantly changing, and I can say the same about my personal style. I shop 'sale' because it gives my wardrobe that disposable element; I don't feel bad about not wearing certain pieces over and over again because they weren't pricey...which brings me to my next point...
4) DO invest in quality staple garments!
Some items are worth the extra dollars, pieces like a suit, boyfriend cardigan, button-down blouse, LBD (little black dress). Classic pieces will be an anchor in your wardrobe, so it's best to go for quality over quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment