Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New in My Closet!

I went on shopping hiatus for about a year and I'm proud to say that it made me a smarter shopper. I now look for clothing that has longevity and that I can wear more than one way. I'm saying it like it's a new epiphany, but it's what I should've been doing all along...

Anywho, I asked myself, "what's your style?" I never really though about it. I just always buy whatever is cute. I'm noticing that I like a tailored look with funky accessory accents, pops of color and bold patterns. Because I have a wide waist, I look best in structured dresses and blazers with a slim fitting jean. Shorts are my friend. I love high heels that elongate my figure, preferably booties or pumps. And fedoras or big scarves to frame my face. It's important for every lady to know what works best for them and what features to play up.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: shop everywhere! I get my graphic tees from Walmart, shoes from A'GACI, jeans from Kohl's and Express, dresses from Akira, statement pieces from Unique Thrift Store and jewelry and basics from Forever 21. While it's possible to have a one stop shop, I definitely recommend shopping around.

What's new in my closet?

Blazer, Akira, $39.90


Toms, Akira, $44.90
 I also purchased some black "nerd" frames from A'GACI for $5.50, a pair of Levi's Distressed Bootcut Denim from Kohl's for $46 and the Skyscraper Skinny Jean from Express, originally $79.90, but $47 with all the discounts I received. One thing I love about Express is that they let you combine special offers:-)

For $300, I purchased two pairs of jeans, two pairs of shorts, a dress, three jackets, two blazers, a graphic tank top, fashion frames, Toms and miscellaneous accessories and basics. I'm proud to be a smart shopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment