Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Loses an Eye

I'm not above using my family's most embarrassing photos for blog material.

You are shocked, are you not?

I have no shame in doing this as long as I am not in the pictures.
My father entrusted me with the family photo album.
I have no idea what happened there, he used to be such a wise man.

When my sister and I were young, we spent every weekend
at our Grandparents house.
Every weekend!
We loved this.
We adored our grandparents and they enjoyed having us.

It never occurred to us that this was a rather strange situation.
Until just a couple of years ago.
My sister and I were talking and remembered those weekends.

"Why do you think we went to Grandma's every weekend when we were little?" I asked her.

"What were Mom and Dad doing when we were gone?" she asked.

Let's take a peek at the family photo album, shall we?


Now, I can't tell you exactly what was going on here.
But this was our living room.
Notice the lovely floral couch and the green shag carpet.
Apparently, this was a game where the husbands rolled up their pant legs and the wives were blindfolded and had to find their husbands by feeling their legs.
I'm not positive about this but I'm assuming that copious amounts of alcohol were involved.
I'm not judging.
We must remember, this was before the invention of Wii Bowling.
Before Pictionary.
But for crying out loud Dad!
They did have poker and ping pong in those days, didn't they??!!!

Holly
xxx-ooo


No comments:

Post a Comment