Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dirty Laundry

I just feel like writing. Lately, I've been getting ORDER in my life. One messy area will affect the rest, so we have to address the mess.
I started by cleaning out my closet. It's necessary because you're left only with things that you like and that fit well. It makes getting dressed a ton easier. Random tip, but I reccommend getting dressed spontaneously. The creativity factor operates so much better that way.
My cousins and the other young ladies at my church really love to get the clothes I don't wear anymore. It makes me smile...I got them spoiled though because they will ask me for something when I got it on! LOL. It's cool though...God blesses and so we bless others. I did my laundry on my day off, and I couldn't believe all the clothes that were piled up! Layering gets you into trouble. I guess the craziest part was still having full racks and full drawers without that stuff, so yeah...I'm blessed. The power of sale shopping. More for the buck.
The next area of my life that I had to clean up was the relationships. It has to come a point in time when you let that person go once and for all! How dare I sit around and waste life crying and dying over someone that has moved on??!!! :-0 I'm too good for that. Yeah, I said it! I need my ladies to have more self esteem. You have to know your worth or else you'll settle for anything. Also, I reccommend writing down exactly what you want in a man so that you have a basis to judge whether or not a guy is worth your time. Steve Harvey said, "you want a partner, not a project!" That's so real! You don't need to make someone into the person that you want them to be. If they are not it, they are not for you. You can't change people. They have to want to change for themselves...
Finances, finances, finances. I quit one of my jobs because I wanted to do something more enjoyable and relevant to my career goals, but now it's time to get there. Pinching pennies is no joke, and I never, EVER, EVVVEEERRRR want to go through this stage again though I'm certain that hard work and God's favor will carry me through. Debbie Allen said opportunity comes when you're most prepared. You can be the most talented person ever, but if you don't do anything with it, who will know? Successful people are always willing to help hardworking individuals, so if you do your part, you will see the doors opening before you! It all starts with a plan though. You have to have a plan...
The second most important area of your life to get in order is definitely the social circle. How can you expect to reach new heights if you hang with a bunch of people that constantly pull you down??? I was conversing with some friends that really inspired me because of all the exciting things that were going on in your life. That's how you should feel after hanging with your friends, inspired and motivated, not complacent. Delete numbers, change your number, do whatever, but you have to press forward! You don't want another year to go by without accomplishing the things you set out to do.
THE MOST IMPORTANT AREA OF YOUR LIFE TO GET IN ORDER IS YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS!!! God is a God of decency and order, so we can't come to him any kind of way and expect to get the results we want. Build your life around him, and stop trying to fit him in, and trust me, he knows that you're busy, but his word says that if you draw near to him, he'll draw near to you. We complicate things by trying to do them ourselves instead of letting our steps be ordered by the Lord...
Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he shall direct thy path."
...Your destiny is already written out, so your job is not to figure it out, but rather go to God for instructions. Study your WORD! How can you serve God if you don't know him? How can you claim his promises if you don't know what they are? How can you know who you are in him if you don't know him? The Bible is the manual for life. To learn any job, you have to study the manual. Study your Word!!!
Also, make an appointment with God that you faithfully keep. This is a time for you to spend in prayer and receiving divine instructions. It's necessary. You have to have order in your prayer life so you can prosper.
I know that was a lot, but I felt like writing. I hope that telling of my life's experiences has sparked something within you to clean up the mess. Spring Cleaning: Life Edition is what it is. We still have 6 months left until 2011. Let's do it right. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment