drirshad
07-04 09:35 PM
immigration-law.com
07/04/2007: Status and Issues Involving July 2007 485 Fiasco
* The AILF work on the lawsuit appears to be in progress without any hurdles. It has reported that enough candidates have come forward to participate in the lawsuit as the plaintiffs and it does not need any more candidates to move forward for the lawsuit. Some of other people are likely to be covered as members of the class action regardless of their actual participation in the lawsuit. People should send "THANK YOU" to the AILF Legal Action Center leaders and the attorneys who are actually working on this case. Some contribution to the AILF may be more than appropriate. Please visit the AILF site to learn how they can send in contribution.
#
# We have been asked by the readers to report the alleged conspiracy theory. We declined to do it. However, people may want to know potential issues that should be answered and explored. We will discuss these issues on following hypotehtical premises:
* Presumption of Facts: (1) The I-485 applications have been experiencing a tremendous backlog lately. (2) The causes for the backlog have been known to be delays in the security checks. Some of these applicants have sought a relief in federal courts in the form of mandamus actions. (3) Allegedly, the USCIS pull together local and Service Center employees and pull out pending I-485 cases which were older than six months in backlog, working overtime and during the weekend right before July 1, 2007. This is an assumption at this point. (4) As evidenced by the revised Visa Bulletin, apparently these employees contacted "en mass" the DOS to request the visa numbers for these pending I-485 cases, which the DOS reported in the release of the revised VB turned out exceeding 60,000. (5) The rule requires that the USCIS approves I-485 cases "prior to" to contacting and requesting a visa number. (6) The current USCIS policy and procedure also require that I-485 applications be adjudicated and approved "only after" the completion of clearance of the security checks.
* Issue I: Hypothetically, what happens if the USCIS takes out the visa number before they obtain the security clearace?
o Answer I: Obviously it would violate the rules and the laws.
o Answer II: It will constitue a serious security lapse, compromising the homeland security.
* Issue II: Hypothetically, what hppens if the USCIS requests and takes out the visa numbers prior to adjudication and approval of the pending I-485 applications?
o Answer I: It is evident that the USCIS would violate the rules and the laws.
o Answer II: There could be two probable consequences affecting the backlog I-485 applicants and the new July Visa Bulletin eligible I-485 applicants, shoud the hypothetical facts develop. (1) The backlog I-485 applicants who have been issued I-485 approval notices should not be affected by the fiasco, albeit the potential revocation of the I-485 approvals. In most cases, revocation of the approved I-485 requires the time-consuming immigration court proceedings, assuming that the USCIS has a sufficient cause of action which may be questionable in this case. (2) The backlog I-485 applicants who have yet to receive the approval notice and the USCIS has yet to adjudicate and approve the application might be vulnerable in that the USCIS might be required to return the visa numbers for these cases as there was an error. Hypothetically, these numbers could be returned to the State Department and based on these returned number, the State Department might be required to revise the July Visa Bulletin again.
07/04/2007: Status and Issues Involving July 2007 485 Fiasco
* The AILF work on the lawsuit appears to be in progress without any hurdles. It has reported that enough candidates have come forward to participate in the lawsuit as the plaintiffs and it does not need any more candidates to move forward for the lawsuit. Some of other people are likely to be covered as members of the class action regardless of their actual participation in the lawsuit. People should send "THANK YOU" to the AILF Legal Action Center leaders and the attorneys who are actually working on this case. Some contribution to the AILF may be more than appropriate. Please visit the AILF site to learn how they can send in contribution.
#
# We have been asked by the readers to report the alleged conspiracy theory. We declined to do it. However, people may want to know potential issues that should be answered and explored. We will discuss these issues on following hypotehtical premises:
* Presumption of Facts: (1) The I-485 applications have been experiencing a tremendous backlog lately. (2) The causes for the backlog have been known to be delays in the security checks. Some of these applicants have sought a relief in federal courts in the form of mandamus actions. (3) Allegedly, the USCIS pull together local and Service Center employees and pull out pending I-485 cases which were older than six months in backlog, working overtime and during the weekend right before July 1, 2007. This is an assumption at this point. (4) As evidenced by the revised Visa Bulletin, apparently these employees contacted "en mass" the DOS to request the visa numbers for these pending I-485 cases, which the DOS reported in the release of the revised VB turned out exceeding 60,000. (5) The rule requires that the USCIS approves I-485 cases "prior to" to contacting and requesting a visa number. (6) The current USCIS policy and procedure also require that I-485 applications be adjudicated and approved "only after" the completion of clearance of the security checks.
* Issue I: Hypothetically, what happens if the USCIS takes out the visa number before they obtain the security clearace?
o Answer I: Obviously it would violate the rules and the laws.
o Answer II: It will constitue a serious security lapse, compromising the homeland security.
* Issue II: Hypothetically, what hppens if the USCIS requests and takes out the visa numbers prior to adjudication and approval of the pending I-485 applications?
o Answer I: It is evident that the USCIS would violate the rules and the laws.
o Answer II: There could be two probable consequences affecting the backlog I-485 applicants and the new July Visa Bulletin eligible I-485 applicants, shoud the hypothetical facts develop. (1) The backlog I-485 applicants who have been issued I-485 approval notices should not be affected by the fiasco, albeit the potential revocation of the I-485 approvals. In most cases, revocation of the approved I-485 requires the time-consuming immigration court proceedings, assuming that the USCIS has a sufficient cause of action which may be questionable in this case. (2) The backlog I-485 applicants who have yet to receive the approval notice and the USCIS has yet to adjudicate and approve the application might be vulnerable in that the USCIS might be required to return the visa numbers for these cases as there was an error. Hypothetically, these numbers could be returned to the State Department and based on these returned number, the State Department might be required to revise the July Visa Bulletin again.
wallpaper patrick-schwarzenegger1.jpg
shantanup
11-18 10:11 AM
Receipt number: 2008065217
anurakt
01-16 04:14 PM
283 members online and look at what we got from a monthly contributions. This forum doesn't even have members who can contributr 20$ monthly and call themeselves High Skilled Immigrants !
2011 patrick schwarzenegger
grinch
02-15 09:15 PM
haha dont give up man!
but nice case!
but nice case!
more...
immigrant2007
08-12 04:04 PM
not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.
EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.
This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....
EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...
I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.
This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....
EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...
I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
pappu
04-05 11:52 AM
One more day to go before the end of this campaign.
Here is another incentive to make these call:
I will donate $ 5 to IV, for each member that makes these call from now on till end of the day tomorrow. I know, your hourly billing rates are way higher :) but this is what I can do for now.
I already called all the people on the list, it was easy. Office staff members were patient and friendly. Show me what you got!
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=56064#post56064
Please join this campaign
Here is another incentive to make these call:
I will donate $ 5 to IV, for each member that makes these call from now on till end of the day tomorrow. I know, your hourly billing rates are way higher :) but this is what I can do for now.
I already called all the people on the list, it was easy. Office staff members were patient and friendly. Show me what you got!
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=56064#post56064
Please join this campaign
more...
alisa
01-26 08:06 AM
Because the alternative is to
a) sit at home and
b) bitch about retrogression.
I am from ROW, and so I am not so severely affected by retrogression. However, I am still fed up of looking at visa bulletins every month, and running into people with stupid freaking smiles on their face, resigned to not doing anything and just bitching about how screwed up the whole thing is.
There is a way things are done in this country. We owe it to ourselves to try that.
And if we don't let people who can make a difference know what our problems are, then we should only blame ourselves.
Like I had said earlier, the purpose of this thread is to come up with the best model possible with the limited data and resources available, that can predict the current dates for PD.
I am pretty sure that a poster, in the form of a visa bulletin, dated 2020, showing that the priority dates of 2003 are finally current, in an indian grocery store, will get a lot more attention and funding for this forum, than anything else.
I (and may be lot of others like me) want to care about IV & want to contribute to IV. But there has not even a single thread of good news for last several months. This is very demotivating. I have contributed only once. Every time I visit this site, I feel guilty of taking a free ride. But at the same time I find it hard to make any contributions with nothing happening on the horizon. Currently it looks like what ever is happening or going to happen with CIR etc is just moving at its own pace. If we can not expedite it, then what is the use? in any case congress will pass some relief for skilled workers when CIR comes up.
a) sit at home and
b) bitch about retrogression.
I am from ROW, and so I am not so severely affected by retrogression. However, I am still fed up of looking at visa bulletins every month, and running into people with stupid freaking smiles on their face, resigned to not doing anything and just bitching about how screwed up the whole thing is.
There is a way things are done in this country. We owe it to ourselves to try that.
And if we don't let people who can make a difference know what our problems are, then we should only blame ourselves.
Like I had said earlier, the purpose of this thread is to come up with the best model possible with the limited data and resources available, that can predict the current dates for PD.
I am pretty sure that a poster, in the form of a visa bulletin, dated 2020, showing that the priority dates of 2003 are finally current, in an indian grocery store, will get a lot more attention and funding for this forum, than anything else.
I (and may be lot of others like me) want to care about IV & want to contribute to IV. But there has not even a single thread of good news for last several months. This is very demotivating. I have contributed only once. Every time I visit this site, I feel guilty of taking a free ride. But at the same time I find it hard to make any contributions with nothing happening on the horizon. Currently it looks like what ever is happening or going to happen with CIR etc is just moving at its own pace. If we can not expedite it, then what is the use? in any case congress will pass some relief for skilled workers when CIR comes up.
2010 patrick schwarzenegger 2011. Patrick Schwarzenegger and
newuser
11-11 10:03 AM
I received receipt number from USCIS for my letter
more...
DSLStart
09-10 12:40 PM
Hilarious :D:D:D:D
That shows the on what priority we are on their list . We are below horse also :D
remember a Horse a US Citizen horse while you are not , so cruelty to a US citizen is always before cruelty to aliens .
Man sees a woman getting chased by a dog.When the dog is about to bite the woman,
the man intervenes and kicks the dog.
A reporter was seeing all this.He said "That was great.
I'll definitely publish this in newspaper.Tomorrow the headline will be
'LOCAL HERO SAVES LADY FROM A DOG'."
The man replied "Thank you, but I'm not from here.I am from US". Reporter " OK.
Then the headline will be
US CITIZEN SAVES WOMAN FROM A DOG".
Man: Actually, I live in US but I'm not a US citizen.
I'm a Pa****i national".
Next day, the headline in the paper read .... .... .... .... .... .... ........ .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....
TERRORIST ATTACKS A LOCAL DOG
* This Joke is copied from the internet and in no way reflects my personal feelings . This is just for having some fun and cheering us up .
That shows the on what priority we are on their list . We are below horse also :D
remember a Horse a US Citizen horse while you are not , so cruelty to a US citizen is always before cruelty to aliens .
Man sees a woman getting chased by a dog.When the dog is about to bite the woman,
the man intervenes and kicks the dog.
A reporter was seeing all this.He said "That was great.
I'll definitely publish this in newspaper.Tomorrow the headline will be
'LOCAL HERO SAVES LADY FROM A DOG'."
The man replied "Thank you, but I'm not from here.I am from US". Reporter " OK.
Then the headline will be
US CITIZEN SAVES WOMAN FROM A DOG".
Man: Actually, I live in US but I'm not a US citizen.
I'm a Pa****i national".
Next day, the headline in the paper read .... .... .... .... .... .... ........ .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....
TERRORIST ATTACKS A LOCAL DOG
* This Joke is copied from the internet and in no way reflects my personal feelings . This is just for having some fun and cheering us up .
hair Patrick Schwarzenegger

zuhail
04-03 01:37 AM
Hello there,
Please contact me at fermion_boson@ymail.com if you are interested to take part in efforts to re-capture unused visa numbers for EB categories.
Let's do this NOW.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield" --Lord Tennyson in "Ulysses"
Please contact me at fermion_boson@ymail.com if you are interested to take part in efforts to re-capture unused visa numbers for EB categories.
Let's do this NOW.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield" --Lord Tennyson in "Ulysses"
more...
mi2
01-17 03:43 PM
Setup through my bank.
Good job IV!
Good job IV!
hot Patrick Schwarzenegger Has
nomi
12-13 02:00 PM
Thanks. I appreciate your enthusiasm and seveal other members on this thread. Pls help us in the action items listed by IV so that we can be well prepared to undertake any campaign early next year. Let me tell you, the campaign like last week will happen again because IV will keep pushing through every crack in the door until our goal is achieved. At such times we need to have enough membership muscle, financial capability to sustain and execute the effort. All this is not built in one day but during times like this when DC is quiet.
Sure . Agree with you and Stand next to you and IV with full of my energy and resources.
Sure . Agree with you and Stand next to you and IV with full of my energy and resources.
more...
house Patrick Schwarzenegger Gallery
mbawa2574
02-15 05:30 PM
Look, I don't want to enter a pissing match with anyone here. Go read your history (http://americanhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/limiting_the_huddled_masses) before jumping to conclusions.
Don't tell me that If I come from India, I don't assimilate with the local population. If you support the old colonist and racist mentality , you stand no where. If you are so afraid of competing with Chinese and Indians that you have to refer Black period of American history, then my friend you don't belong on this website. We don't represent any nationality here at IV but there is a good population of Indians and Chinese on this website and you don't wanna offend them with your racism. Again there is freedom of speech but you can take your a$$ to some anti-indian or anti-chinese blog if you want to release your bigotry.
Don't tell me that If I come from India, I don't assimilate with the local population. If you support the old colonist and racist mentality , you stand no where. If you are so afraid of competing with Chinese and Indians that you have to refer Black period of American history, then my friend you don't belong on this website. We don't represent any nationality here at IV but there is a good population of Indians and Chinese on this website and you don't wanna offend them with your racism. Again there is freedom of speech but you can take your a$$ to some anti-indian or anti-chinese blog if you want to release your bigotry.
tattoo patrick schwarzenegger 2011.
hemal555
01-23 11:43 AM
Hi Varsha,
Is there any schedule for the ongoing conf call?
Also, please let me know if there are any guidelines about what we need to talk when calling senators.
Thanks,
Hemal
Is there any schedule for the ongoing conf call?
Also, please let me know if there are any guidelines about what we need to talk when calling senators.
Thanks,
Hemal
more...
pictures Patrick Schwarzenegger
ukats02
10-20 09:00 AM
If you download and read Obama's immigration plan (PDF), it is more or less the same ( Vs MacCain's plan). Except for no mention in specific words about increasing the H1 #'s or GC #'s, the plan actually makes note of the hardships faced by legal immigrants. The problem is acknowledged and they accept that the legal immigrations system is broken, which to me, means that they will try to fix it.
-Ukats.
-Ukats.
dresses Patrick Schwarzenegger Wants

zerozerozeven
03-09 12:17 PM
let the waiting start for the May bulletin....
more...
makeup Patrick Schwarzenegger details
tinku01
02-21 12:51 PM
As per my lawer this is not a right time to port your date to EB2 as at this moment nobody knows anything and there are very least chance for eb2 to move forward.:cool: as per her now eb2 is more crowded than EB3 that's why it became UNavailable. It's just a suggestion keep yourself with same EB3 or EB2 whatever you have otherwise I know one frined he ported his July2001 to EB2 and at this time EB3 is current for this date although eb2 unavailable
girlfriend patrick schwarzenegger 2011. Patrick Schwarzenegger Has
fcres
07-24 05:11 PM
Should the EVL be the same as the one for labor? Even if the salary has changed now?
hairstyles Patrick Schwarzenegger details
sweet_jungle
04-22 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=caydee]Overall, the turnout was good. And the audience was very involved. The thing that impressed me the most was the resolve I saw in the Congressman.
I believe two IV members were on the dais. But, I do not know their names. Who were they? Were they the ones who met the Congressman later?
I believe two IV members were on the dais. But, I do not know their names. Who were they? Were they the ones who met the Congressman later?
arunmohan
01-25 02:52 AM
For my part, I send an email everyday to the white house and the state dept. This is probably not enough.....but may be some day it will work.
BTW, my apologies if the members thought that this thread was accusatory. Still the question remains, what next?
Ok, I understand, no use bringing it up again, sorry, let me go back and read other interesting threads on "investments" and "buying houses"...
Hello rajuram;
We need to keep on sending email/letter to President, Local Senator, Local congressman secretary of Homeland security, secretary of State and Ombudsman.
Please post your email, other members could use same format and send the email. As per my understanding we need to add our story too e.g. when we came, our investment, our capability to buy house and our life is hanging in the middle of no where.
As DallasBlue mentioned to add three items in the email/letter for administrative fixes.
(i) Eliminate per country quota limits
(ii) Recapture the lost visas
(iii) Porcessing dates cannot go back
BTW, my apologies if the members thought that this thread was accusatory. Still the question remains, what next?
Ok, I understand, no use bringing it up again, sorry, let me go back and read other interesting threads on "investments" and "buying houses"...
Hello rajuram;
We need to keep on sending email/letter to President, Local Senator, Local congressman secretary of Homeland security, secretary of State and Ombudsman.
Please post your email, other members could use same format and send the email. As per my understanding we need to add our story too e.g. when we came, our investment, our capability to buy house and our life is hanging in the middle of no where.
As DallasBlue mentioned to add three items in the email/letter for administrative fixes.
(i) Eliminate per country quota limits
(ii) Recapture the lost visas
(iii) Porcessing dates cannot go back
pointlesswait
07-14 09:17 AM
i think this is the most logical reasoning!
but the million $ question is: is for how long! :confused:
In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.
but the million $ question is: is for how long! :confused:
In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment