Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THE FORMULA (Inspired by The Twins)

I believe that to be great, you have to study the greats. Whatever you do, know your craft, so that you can be the best that you can be.

I know that one of my strengths as a fashion stylist is working with color. I LOVE colors, but if you don't blend them correctly, too many of them at once can look tacky. They have to be used in such a way that the eye moves gracefully around your entire look.

Lately, I've also been paying close attention to fit. A cute, ill fitting garment simply won't cut it. I try on everything, even t-shirts. A good fit goes a long way.

I have two friends that are THE dopest. They are twins, and I love them because they are a one-stop shop. They are hair stylists, makeup artists, dancers, models, graphic designers, and they are great at everything! One thing I love about them is that they always leave the house ready for the red carpet and a photo. They always look amazing, and inspired me to create this list of pieces that will make or break your wardrobe:
  • Good pair of shoes - You can wear an inexpensive outfit with nice shoes, but not the other way around. Cheap shoes will make or break your outfit. They are worth the investment because you will get a lot of wear out of them. For starters, have a basic pair and a few funky pairs to spice up solid pieces.
  • Wide belt - A big belt helps to accentuate your waistline and highlight your feminine shape. It also works well when pairing skirts and tops to unify the two.
  • Basics - Honestly, you can build your wardrobe with simple, GOOD FITTING, tops, bottoms, dresses, etc. You dress them up with blazers, accessories, fun shoes, etc.
  • Accessories - Have a wide assortment of accessories on hand. They will completely transform your look.
HAPPY UPDATE YOUR LOOK DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment