Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Every Grandma Had One

Lately I've been hooked on vintage Cosco 3 tiered carts and stools.  I'm not sure why, other than they make me feel nostalgic and I love the vintage look.  My grandmother had one of these in her kitchen for years, I think most Grandmothers did.  I found one at the thrift store down the street for $2.00 a few months back and had been kicking myself for not buying it.  I don't have a lot of counter space and I wanted something to put at the end of my counter to hold my Kitchenaid mixer.  Well, I went back to the thrift store a few days ago and they had another one there.  This one was $7.00...inflation?  I knew I couldn't pass it up.  For some reason I didn't take before pictures so you'll just have to trust me on this.  It was an ivory color and pretty dirty.  Very little rust though.  I brought her home and cleaned her up (with my Oxygen Orange Cleaner, of course) and sanded down the rusty parts.  I primed, painted and added a coat of polyurethane.  I just love her and she fits so perfectly in that little space.  Don't you agree??


 (Don't look at the linoleum, it's a rental home, not much I can do for now.)

Here's what I need next:

Image from Apartment Therapy
I must find that stool!  My next mission.

And that's all I have to say.


Holly
xxx-ooo


No comments:

Post a Comment