gimme_GC2006
05-12 03:13 PM
You might want to research your options some more. Maybe, have a talk with someone who is a more senior colleague or mentor, preferably one who has an MBA.
It appears from your comment on investment banking that you haven't done your research. IBs usually recruit only from the top-10 type schools.
Good Luck!
thepaew, right, I understand IB needs from top-10..it was more of "I wish I had" stuff..I am not serious on that.
Coming to why "online" ? Because I cant go fulltime on college (I have to quit my job...means no salary for 2 years...not possible..I am not that filthy rich :D)
moreover there is increased trend in acceptance of online MBA as major universities are coming online now.
It appears from your comment on investment banking that you haven't done your research. IBs usually recruit only from the top-10 type schools.
Good Luck!
thepaew, right, I understand IB needs from top-10..it was more of "I wish I had" stuff..I am not serious on that.
Coming to why "online" ? Because I cant go fulltime on college (I have to quit my job...means no salary for 2 years...not possible..I am not that filthy rich :D)
moreover there is increased trend in acceptance of online MBA as major universities are coming online now.
wallpaper leg: muscles
svr_76
06-10 02:21 PM
Gr8 you win. now lets forge ahead on how to proceed and get similar details from other groups specially the high-tech lobby/group.

feedfront
09-23 12:14 PM
Hi All,
Employer A - original sponsoring employer. Got laidoff and joined B (large corporate). Before dates got current got offer from C and C applied for H1 transfer. Now received RFE on I-485 to provide EVL from current employer along with paystubs and W2.
My problem here is that I consulted Murthy and they are saying that I need to make a choice between my current employer B and my potential new employer C whom I have not started working yet but they have filed for H-1 transfer. If I respond to the RFE using my current employer information then it is more straightforward but then I will need to stay with them if I get my GC right away after responding to the RFE. But if I use my new employer's letter then I don't have paystubs to show until I join them which won't be until the H-1 transfer goes through and I go through one payroll cycle. But that will be too late to respond to the RFE.
If I don't join C then I need to pay for the H1 transfer that they filed and attorneys fees. At the same time I am also not happy with my current employers HR and attorney.
I would go for employer B, as my misery would be short. You are current and it's just few weeks (unless something goes wrong) + 6 months of misery working with current employer (max 9 months :cool: ) . You can work part time with C to cover up your H1B fees.
Employer A - original sponsoring employer. Got laidoff and joined B (large corporate). Before dates got current got offer from C and C applied for H1 transfer. Now received RFE on I-485 to provide EVL from current employer along with paystubs and W2.
My problem here is that I consulted Murthy and they are saying that I need to make a choice between my current employer B and my potential new employer C whom I have not started working yet but they have filed for H-1 transfer. If I respond to the RFE using my current employer information then it is more straightforward but then I will need to stay with them if I get my GC right away after responding to the RFE. But if I use my new employer's letter then I don't have paystubs to show until I join them which won't be until the H-1 transfer goes through and I go through one payroll cycle. But that will be too late to respond to the RFE.
If I don't join C then I need to pay for the H1 transfer that they filed and attorneys fees. At the same time I am also not happy with my current employers HR and attorney.
I would go for employer B, as my misery would be short. You are current and it's just few weeks (unless something goes wrong) + 6 months of misery working with current employer (max 9 months :cool: ) . You can work part time with C to cover up your H1B fees.
2011 leg anatomy
485Mbe4001
09-11 11:58 AM
wow..they resume discussions on sept 18th?
Here is the info from NumbersUSA:
Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills Postponed Amid Growing Opposition
Updated Thursday, September 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
The House Judiciary Committee yesterday postponed consideration of bills containing massive foreign worker increases (H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924) after the committee's debate stalled during discussions on the armed forces amnesty bill (H.R. 6020). The committee is expected to resume consideration of all three bills on September 18
Here is the info from NumbersUSA:
Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills Postponed Amid Growing Opposition
Updated Thursday, September 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
The House Judiciary Committee yesterday postponed consideration of bills containing massive foreign worker increases (H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924) after the committee's debate stalled during discussions on the armed forces amnesty bill (H.R. 6020). The committee is expected to resume consideration of all three bills on September 18
more...
jthomas
10-16 10:32 AM
As per IV core we should be doing lobbing and lobbing needs money. We had tried few times and the latest High Five had not collected enough money that can be used for lobbying. How can we count on our members to do something big.
I think we should work in our state level chapters, collect funds for activites and when we have a solid foundation talk about activities like flower campaign, rally etc.. where everybody would be involved.
Red and Green dots Welcomed.
Thanks
I think we should work in our state level chapters, collect funds for activites and when we have a solid foundation talk about activities like flower campaign, rally etc.. where everybody would be involved.
Red and Green dots Welcomed.
Thanks

supernova
04-06 08:37 PM
I know a person who was sent back; IO called the end client to verify his employment and asked if they could hire american worker instead, when the employer said they could, IO sent him back. I think they are only going after H1's working for smaller consulting companies.
You may write it off as a rumor, so be it, but IV needs to step in and take necessary action.
You may write it off as a rumor, so be it, but IV needs to step in and take necessary action.
more...
vghc
07-03 12:51 PM
I remember there was a proposal to give one Green Card per family to eliminate the retrogression for EB categories. I don't know what happen to that. It was like one year ago or so.
Yes, i recall seeing that too.
I don't like seeing families being torn apart......the best solution is to increase the number of GC for all of us. But that won't happen. :(
So the next best thing in my opinion, is to give GC's to principle applicant. That would benefit the country as a whole and all those who are working in this country.
Yes, i recall seeing that too.
I don't like seeing families being torn apart......the best solution is to increase the number of GC for all of us. But that won't happen. :(
So the next best thing in my opinion, is to give GC's to principle applicant. That would benefit the country as a whole and all those who are working in this country.
2010 muscles in leg.
javadeveloper
05-15 02:07 AM
Any Idea about the following MBA Distance Leaning Courses from India
1.SCDL-Symbiosis center for distance learning
2.IGNOU - ndira Gandhi National Open University
3.ICFA
4.NMIMS - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Or any other institutes from India with reasonable fee structure.
1.SCDL-Symbiosis center for distance learning
2.IGNOU - ndira Gandhi National Open University
3.ICFA
4.NMIMS - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Or any other institutes from India with reasonable fee structure.
more...
ponvas
09-26 09:43 AM
I jus send the mail to editor...
I've also send the link to businessweek and Nytimes..where they have written it correctly...
This is nicely being played by big lawyers. They used us for demostration and converted the propaganda to media as it is for H1B . Profitablity is more on new H1B
I've also send the link to businessweek and Nytimes..where they have written it correctly...
This is nicely being played by big lawyers. They used us for demostration and converted the propaganda to media as it is for H1B . Profitablity is more on new H1B
hair muscles of the lower leg
reachinus
07-16 06:56 PM
Numbers USA already working to block the SKIL Bill. Please see my reply to them for the problems that they are sending to Senator.
Hi There,
If you don't know how the H1B Visa works first educate your self and then give the facts to the senators. I am not sure where you get this info.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
So u say that people on H1 should not have wife and children????
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
You people eat on the taxes that we pay and leave once our 6 years are compelte. Can you show where and how the H1B's are tax exempt.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
H1B's cannot take any job as they like first they have to get the H1 processed by that company that is willing to employ them. If you don't know how H1B works then educate your self by going thru the requirements for the H1B.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
What do you mean by that???
Hi There,
If you don't know how the H1B Visa works first educate your self and then give the facts to the senators. I am not sure where you get this info.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
So u say that people on H1 should not have wife and children????
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
You people eat on the taxes that we pay and leave once our 6 years are compelte. Can you show where and how the H1B's are tax exempt.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
H1B's cannot take any job as they like first they have to get the H1 processed by that company that is willing to employ them. If you don't know how H1B works then educate your self by going thru the requirements for the H1B.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
What do you mean by that???
more...
aroranuj
09-11 09:44 AM
Just called the House judiciary committe and was told that there are no markups planned for today. Apparently they havent figured out when they would like to come back next for the mark ups.
I believe instead of posting ideas for what we can do in the future we need to live in the present and not waste valuable time. We need to reenergize ourselves and spend any extra time that we have by making some calls...Please focus on this thread till the time there are no available updates...
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21393
I believe instead of posting ideas for what we can do in the future we need to live in the present and not waste valuable time. We need to reenergize ourselves and spend any extra time that we have by making some calls...Please focus on this thread till the time there are no available updates...
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21393
hot quadriceps, upper leg muscles
Maverick1
07-29 01:12 PM
i guess now i know why EB3 I is being ignored, is is a VERY VERY VERY INDIA specific issue ? :p
:D:D
:D:D
more...
house muscles of leg. muscles in
seahawks
07-26 08:58 AM
The underlying reason to stop cocurrent filing as I understand was non availability of visas and of course no proper system in place for FIFO. Well, my memory could be fading, but I think the reason was not to over use quota systems. Cocurrent filing was allowed, because there was a delay in processing time but the visas were available, now there is no delay in processing time, well i don't agree that is true, but visas are not available. There was no organized way within different centers in approving cases, some centers approved cases faster which meant, other centers did not have the visas available when they got their act together and so on.
So, with check and balances, if you are not allowed to file 485 until visa numbers are available, they dont have to build in a checks and balances from their side of the equation on keeping track of that:).
So, with check and balances, if you are not allowed to file 485 until visa numbers are available, they dont have to build in a checks and balances from their side of the equation on keeping track of that:).
tattoo muscles of leg. muscles of
reddymjm
09-09 01:53 PM
I understand what you said, but just to consider the off numbers published by dos
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf
EB2 total pending 34325
EB3 total pending 136325
2010-2011 quota EB1+EB2 ( 85343 )
less eb2 - 34325
--------------------------------------------
51018 trickeling down for EB3 Worldwide?
2010-2011 quota EB3 ( 42671 )
less eb3 - 136325
--------------------------------------------
42636 ( eb3 pending )
2011-2012 quota eb1+eb2+eb3 128013
So, with above math Eb2 will be current by next year, and eb3 will be by end of 2012?
above math is based on
inaccurate numbers given by DOS?
assuming no new applicants applying.
Hope I am correct! :)
The Formula fails if EB2 becomes current, there will be a flood of applications and 0 will trickle down EB3 ROW or Even quarterly spill could kill EB3 hopes.
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf
EB2 total pending 34325
EB3 total pending 136325
2010-2011 quota EB1+EB2 ( 85343 )
less eb2 - 34325
--------------------------------------------
51018 trickeling down for EB3 Worldwide?
2010-2011 quota EB3 ( 42671 )
less eb3 - 136325
--------------------------------------------
42636 ( eb3 pending )
2011-2012 quota eb1+eb2+eb3 128013
So, with above math Eb2 will be current by next year, and eb3 will be by end of 2012?
above math is based on
inaccurate numbers given by DOS?
assuming no new applicants applying.
Hope I am correct! :)
The Formula fails if EB2 becomes current, there will be a flood of applications and 0 will trickle down EB3 ROW or Even quarterly spill could kill EB3 hopes.
more...
pictures Muscles: Upper Leg #1
Dhundhun
01-19 11:22 AM
Very interesting. When we applied for 485/EAD/AP, our lawyer specifically asked for color passport copies of the first few pages. I went ahead and made copies of all pages. Am I in trouble?
Lawyer may be more knowledgable, but here is pointer to User Manual.
http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_MFC_9840CDW_EN_1034.PDF
Read page number 106 (Legal limitations for copying).
After reading manaul and knowing that kinko prohibits such copying, there is some fact in it. It may happen that color copies of documents in some countries are not allowed, but for some other countries, they are allowed. I am an engineer and I don't have more information (pointer to sections of legal books).
Since I make copies at home, I follow user manual information. If my Lawyer asks such thing, I would show him the information and ask for clerification. If he overides, by give me clauses and sections, I would't hesitate for him. Laws keeps on changing.
This talks about passport: http://www.ehow.com/how_2038717_plan-any-type-trip.html
This talks about drivers licence in NC: http://ncsu.edu/student_affairs/legal_services/faqs/alcohol-laws.php
There is some discussion here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=129660
Lawyer may be more knowledgable, but here is pointer to User Manual.
http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_MFC_9840CDW_EN_1034.PDF
Read page number 106 (Legal limitations for copying).
After reading manaul and knowing that kinko prohibits such copying, there is some fact in it. It may happen that color copies of documents in some countries are not allowed, but for some other countries, they are allowed. I am an engineer and I don't have more information (pointer to sections of legal books).
Since I make copies at home, I follow user manual information. If my Lawyer asks such thing, I would show him the information and ask for clerification. If he overides, by give me clauses and sections, I would't hesitate for him. Laws keeps on changing.
This talks about passport: http://www.ehow.com/how_2038717_plan-any-type-trip.html
This talks about drivers licence in NC: http://ncsu.edu/student_affairs/legal_services/faqs/alcohol-laws.php
There is some discussion here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=129660
dresses Muscles of the leg
swo
08-15 08:14 PM
It's very easy to forget that PDs can swing by YEARS at a time. (4 years in the case of the July Bulletin!) Things could easily swing back a year or two in only a month or two.
You can predict to your hearts content but I wouldn't get too hinged on those predictions.
Fact is that we were expecting Us and many were NOT Us. Similarly, PDs in October could be brought forward if there are insuffient applications ready for visas in some categories (ie ROW) in October.
Also remember that the number of newly filed EB applicaitons will be far, FAR less in coming months. Only PERM labors are done now and those will all have late PDs that will be ineligible for a long time. As a result, I think bulletins will start to become more consistent as the predictions of become more reliable after a couple of months of volatility in October.
The only real unknown after getting all the 485 data entry done is going to be the FBI namecheck factor.
You can predict to your hearts content but I wouldn't get too hinged on those predictions.
Fact is that we were expecting Us and many were NOT Us. Similarly, PDs in October could be brought forward if there are insuffient applications ready for visas in some categories (ie ROW) in October.
Also remember that the number of newly filed EB applicaitons will be far, FAR less in coming months. Only PERM labors are done now and those will all have late PDs that will be ineligible for a long time. As a result, I think bulletins will start to become more consistent as the predictions of become more reliable after a couple of months of volatility in October.
The only real unknown after getting all the 485 data entry done is going to be the FBI namecheck factor.
more...
makeup Muscles-lower-leg+claw-1.jpg
rajuram
01-25 01:26 AM
For my part, I send an email everyday to the white house and the state dept. This is probably not enough.....but may be some day it will work.
BTW, my apologies if the members thought that this thread was accusatory. Still the question remains, what next?
Ok, I understand, no use bringing it up again, sorry, let me go back and read other interesting threads on "investments" and "buying houses"...
How about we start writing letters to the WhiteHouse/President on
(i) Eliminate per country quota limits
(ii) Recapture the lost visas
(iii) Porcessing dates cannot go back
for administrative fixes ?
BTW, my apologies if the members thought that this thread was accusatory. Still the question remains, what next?
Ok, I understand, no use bringing it up again, sorry, let me go back and read other interesting threads on "investments" and "buying houses"...
How about we start writing letters to the WhiteHouse/President on
(i) Eliminate per country quota limits
(ii) Recapture the lost visas
(iii) Porcessing dates cannot go back
for administrative fixes ?
girlfriend Leg muscle attachments:
actaccord
02-17 08:36 AM
one of the reason I would like Core Team to consider sending email about the Advocacy Day.... that email will get more inactive member like Chandu who got greened and has no good reason (nothing wrong abt it...most of us do the same) to continue visiting IV. Please consider sending one email on Feb and March.
If someone gets out because of this email I am sure he/she is not going to work on any IV activities even if IV never sent any email. Those members join IV just for some free advice and nothing else.
Pappu & StarRun consider this request and let us know where we stand on this. I had collected some content from this forum for flyers ( decided not to pursue further after discussion and advice from StarRun).
On side note, I agree with Chandu regarding convincing our spouse on these kind of expense and participation is really tough a job. We have bought up by teaching/preaching any activities other than studying (for grownups working) is not worth it.
I agree with you. I thought about it and decided to come to DC. I was greened last year and definitely IV was a very big factor in my GC journey. I have not been logging onto IV for a while as I have been very busy with my personal life, and job tensions, kid etc.. and all sorts of other things.
After GC, your life usually changes only if you want it to change. I am still in the process of understanding how best to change. As of now, nothing changed - not even my job :).
I am surprised that people still do not want to help themselves. I see everyone looking at the visa bulletin and getting frustrated, but why do people n ot take the extra step?, I really don't understand. I urge members to come forward and help yourselves. - Please.
If someone gets out because of this email I am sure he/she is not going to work on any IV activities even if IV never sent any email. Those members join IV just for some free advice and nothing else.
Pappu & StarRun consider this request and let us know where we stand on this. I had collected some content from this forum for flyers ( decided not to pursue further after discussion and advice from StarRun).
On side note, I agree with Chandu regarding convincing our spouse on these kind of expense and participation is really tough a job. We have bought up by teaching/preaching any activities other than studying (for grownups working) is not worth it.
I agree with you. I thought about it and decided to come to DC. I was greened last year and definitely IV was a very big factor in my GC journey. I have not been logging onto IV for a while as I have been very busy with my personal life, and job tensions, kid etc.. and all sorts of other things.
After GC, your life usually changes only if you want it to change. I am still in the process of understanding how best to change. As of now, nothing changed - not even my job :).
I am surprised that people still do not want to help themselves. I see everyone looking at the visa bulletin and getting frustrated, but why do people n ot take the extra step?, I really don't understand. I urge members to come forward and help yourselves. - Please.
hairstyles Muscles of Leg (Deep
snathan
11-13 01:24 AM
Did you see that whoever is crying for spillover is EB2 India. or EB3 ROW. He has his priority date pretty close to cutoff dates in bulletin. So they think by doing spillover their greencard will come few months earlier. This is a selfish thinking. IV should not help such people. They do not care about us. They only care about getting their own greencard. I will oppose this campaign and send letters against this campiagn to whoever you are sending. This campiagn does no help to EB3 India. I am sure many EB2 ROW will oppose you and send letters against your letters. You are trying to delay EB2 ROW greencards by taking from their quota. Even Chinese will oppose you because there are too many Indians blocking the system for everyone.
IV should spend money for EB3 India rather then EB2 India who are already in advantage.
Please first donate before demanding IV to spend for you.
IV should spend money for EB3 India rather then EB2 India who are already in advantage.
Please first donate before demanding IV to spend for you.
ajthakur
07-14 05:44 PM
PD: Jan 2006
Category: EB2
Could you inform us what your Eb category is and what is your priority dates.
TIA
Category: EB2
Could you inform us what your Eb category is and what is your priority dates.
TIA
webr
05-23 06:46 PM
Why an online MBA should be discriminated from the regular class room ?
Today�s techie world, everything is done remote- say for example you work from home remotely , you send the work to offshore,
you do your tax filing online, you do online bank transaction , you do trading online etc .
For everything you don�t go in person to execute everything , almost everything is online. We don�t really challenge those items.
In tandem , any good reputable university courses are really challenging in par and more tough with compared with class room.
None of the accredited university will not give you free degree.
Does university has to have an GMAT or ACCSB !! or reputation ? � It all depends on your interest and what you learn from it , and individual skill and talent.
Even any highly accredited university does not give you any magic bullets you needed.
There is basic principle, do not give money to anyone more than your assets . Banking sectors, always recruit the cream layer MBA from top university , don�t they know this small concept ?, inspite , they started lending more money than they can afford , where is the risk analysis on this ? � basic fundamental .
Can we call this Harvard and top university brains created this 2008-2009 recession ? , I read some articles, challenging the Harvard professionals for the mess in financial industry � where is the Harvard MBA ?
Today�s techie world, everything is done remote- say for example you work from home remotely , you send the work to offshore,
you do your tax filing online, you do online bank transaction , you do trading online etc .
For everything you don�t go in person to execute everything , almost everything is online. We don�t really challenge those items.
In tandem , any good reputable university courses are really challenging in par and more tough with compared with class room.
None of the accredited university will not give you free degree.
Does university has to have an GMAT or ACCSB !! or reputation ? � It all depends on your interest and what you learn from it , and individual skill and talent.
Even any highly accredited university does not give you any magic bullets you needed.
There is basic principle, do not give money to anyone more than your assets . Banking sectors, always recruit the cream layer MBA from top university , don�t they know this small concept ?, inspite , they started lending more money than they can afford , where is the risk analysis on this ? � basic fundamental .
Can we call this Harvard and top university brains created this 2008-2009 recession ? , I read some articles, challenging the Harvard professionals for the mess in financial industry � where is the Harvard MBA ?
No comments:
Post a Comment