GCneeded
10-25 01:52 PM
PD is Dec 2002 / EB3 India / I 140 Approved / 485 Pending
wallpaper his 30th birthday with a
dealsnet
04-03 01:03 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=236166#post236166
va_labor2002
07-24 09:23 AM
I just posted this very question on the website above. I hope it gets selected for the chat
rpatel, Can you please talk to IV core members about this issue ? Please call them and explain your point.
Any comments from logiclife or any other IV core team ? we should send a webfax to USCIS director immediately.
rpatel, Can you please talk to IV core members about this issue ? Please call them and explain your point.
Any comments from logiclife or any other IV core team ? we should send a webfax to USCIS director immediately.
2011 30th Birthday Party
Gate_jj
05-07 09:56 PM
My friend was on situation. He consulted lawyer. If already change of status is applied from October 1 you will be in H1. But if you go out of country and come back before October 1st with L1 visa, you are COS will not be valid. Youcan continue in L1. But only problem is you can not switch to H1 later without stamping.
Can you please explain the above ....
I am on L1 and wife on L2 with EAD , Now I applied for H1 for both of us with a New company. I would like continue with the L1 from the old company, in case only I get the H1 !!.
None of the explaination says this explicitly , does any one know something more in detail ..
Thanks for all the help
-j
Can you please explain the above ....
I am on L1 and wife on L2 with EAD , Now I applied for H1 for both of us with a New company. I would like continue with the L1 from the old company, in case only I get the H1 !!.
None of the explaination says this explicitly , does any one know something more in detail ..
Thanks for all the help
-j
more...
meg_z
06-22 03:52 PM
USCIS filing fee - $180.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-765 mentioned in the comments section of the check
Thanks.
Thanks.
nitlsu
04-04 11:16 AM
I don't think this bill would be of any consequence to the goal of IV unless they can maybe attach some GC-relief provisions to it.
In reality this bill will never ever make it to the full Senate floor. Corporate America will ensure that it dies the same kind of death as all the immigration related bills from last year.
In reality this bill will never ever make it to the full Senate floor. Corporate America will ensure that it dies the same kind of death as all the immigration related bills from last year.
more...
thomachan72
04-11 09:32 AM
Before taking up any agenda, check with IV core whether it is the right time.
If it was the right time, why wouldn't IV core initiate any action items when members are so willing to take up those ?
I think Suhail raised a verry valid point. However, to recapture unused visa numbers might not just be an administrative fix. it would require a law being passed just for that and that then becomes a whole different issue.
We know visa numbers have been wasted but can we persuade and get a majority vote on a legislation that would recapture unused visa numbers?? That to me is a mighty big task in itself.... just like raising the country limits.
I am certainly not discouraing anybody....
On the other hand, is there any legal issue involved that could be fought in a court of law?? Since there were more applications pending than the allowed anual limit why were not sufficient numbers of visas issued? was it because there was a per country limit?? If that is true they can simply say unless the per country limit is removed they cannot issue more numbers to India/china.
Personally, I therefore feel more inclined to fight for these:-
1) Taking of the per country limits (toughest one)
2) Allowing change of status application irrespective of availability of visa numbers
3) Allowing for H1b stamping from within the US
4) premium processing of I-140
If it was the right time, why wouldn't IV core initiate any action items when members are so willing to take up those ?
I think Suhail raised a verry valid point. However, to recapture unused visa numbers might not just be an administrative fix. it would require a law being passed just for that and that then becomes a whole different issue.
We know visa numbers have been wasted but can we persuade and get a majority vote on a legislation that would recapture unused visa numbers?? That to me is a mighty big task in itself.... just like raising the country limits.
I am certainly not discouraing anybody....
On the other hand, is there any legal issue involved that could be fought in a court of law?? Since there were more applications pending than the allowed anual limit why were not sufficient numbers of visas issued? was it because there was a per country limit?? If that is true they can simply say unless the per country limit is removed they cannot issue more numbers to India/china.
Personally, I therefore feel more inclined to fight for these:-
1) Taking of the per country limits (toughest one)
2) Allowing change of status application irrespective of availability of visa numbers
3) Allowing for H1b stamping from within the US
4) premium processing of I-140
2010 West#39;s 30th Birthday Party
uma001
07-29 09:20 AM
Did the companies ever give in written that our gc will be filed? and H1 extension will be applied? If yes you have a case at hand otherwise frustration
The issue with not filing green card is ,even if it is written in offer letter..The lawyer can always come and say ' We tried our best to apply for your grene card. But we could not demonstrate that we could not find american citizens with minimum requirements.'
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.
The issue with not filing green card is ,even if it is written in offer letter..The lawyer can always come and say ' We tried our best to apply for your grene card. But we could not demonstrate that we could not find american citizens with minimum requirements.'
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.
more...

ganguteli
02-03 11:00 AM
In the current economic environment, removing country quota seems like the only argument that can fly, since it does not increase actual visas.
In the current economic envireonment where H1Bs are being blamed in media do you think anything can fly. There is so much anti-India sentiment in the softare industry due to consulting companies. Do you think they will want more Indians as greencard holders? Think about it?
I think the first step should be to do a media campaign and clear all negative publicity H1Bs are getting. Second, all of us working for consulting companies and feel they are exploited need to come out and file lawsuits against employers and clean the system. If there is no exploitation and it is only a misinformation campaign by anti-immigrants then we need to clear that wrong too so that foriegn workers get their due recognition for helping this economy grow.
In the current economic envireonment where H1Bs are being blamed in media do you think anything can fly. There is so much anti-India sentiment in the softare industry due to consulting companies. Do you think they will want more Indians as greencard holders? Think about it?
I think the first step should be to do a media campaign and clear all negative publicity H1Bs are getting. Second, all of us working for consulting companies and feel they are exploited need to come out and file lawsuits against employers and clean the system. If there is no exploitation and it is only a misinformation campaign by anti-immigrants then we need to clear that wrong too so that foriegn workers get their due recognition for helping this economy grow.
hair 30th Birthday Party Ideas
nomi
12-13 10:25 AM
Count me and 2 more members with me....lets have a plan..and execute it.
Would some one will take control to make letter ready which we need to send to USCIS and I will work to get info about USCIS office and fax number ??
Please let me know who will make this fax letter ready ??
thx.
Would some one will take control to make letter ready which we need to send to USCIS and I will work to get info about USCIS office and fax number ??
Please let me know who will make this fax letter ready ??
thx.
more...
eager_immi
07-24 07:09 AM
A guy with visa #current in June, his check got encashed.Guys, check this thread out. sanjay is saying he got his checks cashed.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10994&highlight=cheque
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10994&highlight=cheque
hot Package 30th Birthday

CADude
11-20 11:51 PM
Good though...
Guys.
Please do not mind, my writing this - I honestly think we should stop writing insensible comments like "sick people getting frustrated" and the like...
IV is a professional not for profit outfit, with a set agenda. We should work together towards achieving our goal, through legal, available channels.
If things work out - great! If they don't, it's disappointing but not the end of the world.
People who chose to stay and wait longer for their Permanent Residency will do so; those who cannot (for whatever reasons) will find other alternatives...
Let's not make this a platform for venting out our frustrations.
Guys.
Please do not mind, my writing this - I honestly think we should stop writing insensible comments like "sick people getting frustrated" and the like...
IV is a professional not for profit outfit, with a set agenda. We should work together towards achieving our goal, through legal, available channels.
If things work out - great! If they don't, it's disappointing but not the end of the world.
People who chose to stay and wait longer for their Permanent Residency will do so; those who cannot (for whatever reasons) will find other alternatives...
Let's not make this a platform for venting out our frustrations.
more...
house 30th Birthday Party,
pappu
03-10 04:11 PM
I think we should take visa re-capture as high priority once we clear FOIA issue. Whats your opinion?
We have already made it a priority. This funding drive is happening after many months. I do not recollect having an IV drive in a long time. Thanks for leading the thread and making members active.
We have already made it a priority. This funding drive is happening after many months. I do not recollect having an IV drive in a long time. Thanks for leading the thread and making members active.
tattoo Monica#39;s 30th Birthday Party
shreekhand
07-04 10:28 PM
A nicely presented opinion by Ramba, but there are obvious flaws in the anaylsis. Here are my observations
1.) The contention that they followed the recommendations of the Omb report and went back to pre-1982 method cannot be true. They cannot follow that without violating 8 USC Section 1255 (b) which clearly states that a visa number is reduced AFTER the approval of the I-485.
2.)There were 40K visas remaining at the time of the Jun 13 bulletin according to AILA. The 60K number as per DoS might have been from end of May. We most note the fact from the CIS I-485 Standard Operating Procedure that when a petition is "documentarily qualified and approvable" a request is made for a visa number, if such number is not available that petition is put into a approved pending availability of visa number list. This makes it amply clear that the CIS knew the exact number of approvable petitions.(might be ~40-60K) The DoS might also have known that.
3.) So what happened ? Looks like the DoS did not expect the CIS to get those petitions quickly from storage, assign a visa number, stamp and sign petitions with the speed that CIS did it with. As a matter of fact, we can clearly deduce from inquiries made my petitioners in the month of May that soon after the June bulletin was released in May, the petitioners were informed by IO's that their files are now been retrieved and have been assigned to officers for approval in June !
4.) This shows that the CIS swift approval (i.e retrieval, assigning visa #, stamp, signature) activity especially the retrieval part did not start on June 1, or June 13 but well before in mid May if not earlier.
5.) Now maybe they assigned the visa #'s to the approvable petitions (in line with the law) already but they are still going on with the stamp, signature part (as evidenced by people receiving approvals e-mails even on July 2nd and 3rd.. and other forums)
6.) Suspension of PPS at NSC and TSC -- Now why should that happen ?
If they have already used up the EB quota one would ask that much amount of man hours are now free isn't it !!?
But the above points might show us that they might need it to simply finish off the paperwork of the approvable petitions in the month of July. Remember signing off on 40K+ petitions is not a 1 month job, but just assigning visa numbers might be. It is very certain to me that we will see approvals well within July!
Loose ends:
1.) What baffles though is the allocation of all visa numbers before the last quarter of FY 07 ! Maybe there is loophole there that allowed them to do so.
2.) How did visa number for EB1 for a top scientist from say an undersubscribed country such as Ukraine also get used up ??!
1.) The contention that they followed the recommendations of the Omb report and went back to pre-1982 method cannot be true. They cannot follow that without violating 8 USC Section 1255 (b) which clearly states that a visa number is reduced AFTER the approval of the I-485.
2.)There were 40K visas remaining at the time of the Jun 13 bulletin according to AILA. The 60K number as per DoS might have been from end of May. We most note the fact from the CIS I-485 Standard Operating Procedure that when a petition is "documentarily qualified and approvable" a request is made for a visa number, if such number is not available that petition is put into a approved pending availability of visa number list. This makes it amply clear that the CIS knew the exact number of approvable petitions.(might be ~40-60K) The DoS might also have known that.
3.) So what happened ? Looks like the DoS did not expect the CIS to get those petitions quickly from storage, assign a visa number, stamp and sign petitions with the speed that CIS did it with. As a matter of fact, we can clearly deduce from inquiries made my petitioners in the month of May that soon after the June bulletin was released in May, the petitioners were informed by IO's that their files are now been retrieved and have been assigned to officers for approval in June !
4.) This shows that the CIS swift approval (i.e retrieval, assigning visa #, stamp, signature) activity especially the retrieval part did not start on June 1, or June 13 but well before in mid May if not earlier.
5.) Now maybe they assigned the visa #'s to the approvable petitions (in line with the law) already but they are still going on with the stamp, signature part (as evidenced by people receiving approvals e-mails even on July 2nd and 3rd.. and other forums)
6.) Suspension of PPS at NSC and TSC -- Now why should that happen ?
If they have already used up the EB quota one would ask that much amount of man hours are now free isn't it !!?
But the above points might show us that they might need it to simply finish off the paperwork of the approvable petitions in the month of July. Remember signing off on 40K+ petitions is not a 1 month job, but just assigning visa numbers might be. It is very certain to me that we will see approvals well within July!
Loose ends:
1.) What baffles though is the allocation of all visa numbers before the last quarter of FY 07 ! Maybe there is loophole there that allowed them to do so.
2.) How did visa number for EB1 for a top scientist from say an undersubscribed country such as Ukraine also get used up ??!
more...
pictures 30th Birthday Party View 2
saketkapur
10-16 03:30 PM
sent.........
dresses Thadd#39;s 30th Birthday Party12
rpat1968
12-28 11:20 AM
We cannot save for our children's college in college savings plan as every plan needs a GC.
I am on H1B with approved I140 and I was able to open a College savings (529) plan for my daughter. I told them that I am a non resident alien and my GC is in process. Also I was able to get Life and Variable Life insurance on my non immigrant status.
(FYI : The plan is brokered through Farmers. Investment company is Putnam Investments)
I am on H1B with approved I140 and I was able to open a College savings (529) plan for my daughter. I told them that I am a non resident alien and my GC is in process. Also I was able to get Life and Variable Life insurance on my non immigrant status.
(FYI : The plan is brokered through Farmers. Investment company is Putnam Investments)
more...
makeup 30th Birthday Tiara
arnab221
04-23 01:38 AM
Lot of you guys have mentioned that there were a set of people( Latino immigrant community) there who were not happy with some of the terms in the STRIVE ACT. Could one of you tell us what those terms were ? Since legal immigration reform are hostage to Comprehensive immigration bills at this stage, I am just pondering if those terms become a hindarance in STRIVE getting cleared and consequently section V not getting passed .
Also Ramaonline says that Congressman Guiterrezz told him that he is assured of a support of 180 House democrats and needs 218 Votes to pass the bill. So that leaves us with 38 votes that are needed. From what we see and hear in the news media, there are just a handful of House Republicans now who do not support this Bill . The consensus from the news media is that many of the Republicans who opposed CIR last year have not got re-elected . So if this is the case then 38 Republicans should not be a real problem to find . Any factual opinions ?
Also Ramaonline says that Congressman Guiterrezz told him that he is assured of a support of 180 House democrats and needs 218 Votes to pass the bill. So that leaves us with 38 votes that are needed. From what we see and hear in the news media, there are just a handful of House Republicans now who do not support this Bill . The consensus from the news media is that many of the Republicans who opposed CIR last year have not got re-elected . So if this is the case then 38 Republicans should not be a real problem to find . Any factual opinions ?
girlfriend his 30th birthday party at
nixstor
07-05 01:05 PM
Who ever started this website should know that they are limited by the contributions from IV community. And we can only go so far in getting those contributions.
Instead of making this a paid site, why don't you create incentives to be 'contributing member'
> Publish a list of paid members and highlight their contribution and even sort them by total contribution. And mention 'anonymous' for those who don't want to be identified.
> Sell T-shirt with IV logo. And mention that 50% of the cost of T-shirt goes to IV fund. This works in two-ways, we get money and we get publicity.
> I don't prefer this but - create contributing-members only email-distro, or thread or section in the website.
RK,
Limited contributions is not equal to no contributions. Limited contributions from every one weill make us stronger.
Its not about getting extra privileges for paid members. No one (atleast me) wants a red carpet treatment her for paying 20USD. Its about fighting for a cause together. I dont think I need to underscore how Barrack Obama raised 32.5 mil USD. Most of us want to be future Americans right, if not all. I guess you should take a moment to consider the importance of contributions in the US of A
Instead of making this a paid site, why don't you create incentives to be 'contributing member'
> Publish a list of paid members and highlight their contribution and even sort them by total contribution. And mention 'anonymous' for those who don't want to be identified.
> Sell T-shirt with IV logo. And mention that 50% of the cost of T-shirt goes to IV fund. This works in two-ways, we get money and we get publicity.
> I don't prefer this but - create contributing-members only email-distro, or thread or section in the website.
RK,
Limited contributions is not equal to no contributions. Limited contributions from every one weill make us stronger.
Its not about getting extra privileges for paid members. No one (atleast me) wants a red carpet treatment her for paying 20USD. Its about fighting for a cause together. I dont think I need to underscore how Barrack Obama raised 32.5 mil USD. Most of us want to be future Americans right, if not all. I guess you should take a moment to consider the importance of contributions in the US of A
hairstyles Yacht 30th Birthday Party
FinalGC
07-13 08:27 AM
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
March 1 is NOT included.......See attachment Page 1 paragraph 5....
The cut-off date is the priority date of the first documentarily qualified applicant who could not be accommodated for a visa number.
Hopefully next round of spillover buddy....hang in there...:-)
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
March 1 is NOT included.......See attachment Page 1 paragraph 5....
The cut-off date is the priority date of the first documentarily qualified applicant who could not be accommodated for a visa number.
Hopefully next round of spillover buddy....hang in there...:-)
HarshJ
10-13 12:18 AM
PD Sept 2001
Labor Approval Jan 2007 (Yeah almost 6 YEARS !!)
I-140 RD Mar 12 2007
I-485 RD Jul 23 2007
Received EADs, APs and I-485 receipts Sept 23rd 2007
Waiting !!:(
Labor Approval Jan 2007 (Yeah almost 6 YEARS !!)
I-140 RD Mar 12 2007
I-485 RD Jul 23 2007
Received EADs, APs and I-485 receipts Sept 23rd 2007
Waiting !!:(
feedfront
11-08 11:39 AM
Nope, not yet.
Congratulations,!! Is your card really green or pollution has some effect on it? ;)
Congratulations,!! Is your card really green or pollution has some effect on it? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment