Monday, June 27, 2011

Why My Father Doesn't say "Crap".

Welcome to Mondays with Max.
Some of you may recall that I like to use the word crap.
I like to use it a lot.
It's my second favorite word.
I'm not telling you my first favorite.
And no, it's not a dirty word.
Just not telling.

You may also recall that my father is not thrilled with my use of this "crap" word.
Let's find out why.
I received an email from him last week.
It goes like this:

Kid:
Years ago the mother of a friend always had a house full of boys. The lot next to their home was vacant and we played baseball there all summer long.
As you might imagine, boys being boys, a curse word would occasionally be heard including the "C" word and it's close cousin the "S" word.
I remember very clearly her look and her comment, "What you just had in your mouth, I would not have in my hand." It's the reason I don't use the words some 50+ years later.
Some things have a tendency to stick with you....Love you......dad

Are these words of wisdom worth writing down?
Will I ever use this if someone asks me,
"What's the most important lesson your father ever taught you?"
No, probably not.
 
Holly
xxx-ooo

No comments:

Post a Comment